The idea with the No. 62 six pockets vertical leather wallet was to make a simple, rugged yet practical card holder that can comfortably carry about 10-14 cards in a modern and unique form. One feature that we wanted was the ability to store bills and receipts without the traditional long bills compartment that you find in a usual vertical bi-fold wallet design which in many cases makes the wallet quite bulky. Nordic EDC No. 62 leather wallet has six pockets including four vertical pockets for cards and two hidden pockets for bills, receipts, and seldom-used cards.
This wallet is made using premium eco-friendly full grain vegetable tanned leather from our Swedish pride, Tärnsjö Garvery who make some of the most beautiful leathers in the world. Each wallet is hand-stitched using the traditional saddle stitching technique. This makes the wallet extremely durable. Unlike the sewing machine lock stitch which will completely unravel, if a thread does break, the saddle stitch will still hold together.
Talking about durability, we have left no detail unturned in this vertical bifold leather wallet. We use Danish-made 0.6mm Ritza 25 tiger thread which is a super tough wax-coated polyester thread. Even if your wallet gets soaking wet, the thread is going to hold its strength. We love how this thread adds a decorative as well as rugged look to the wallet! Even the edges are beveled, sanded, and burnished by hand. We then dye the edges and put a light coat of natural beeswax before burnishing it to get its nice sheen. This wallet is completely handmade with a lot of love and attention to detail and proudly carries our makers mark on it!
Nordic EDC leather bifold wallets are made to last and Instead of wearing out, this wallet will wear in and become more and more beautiful with a rich patina as you use it every day…a perfect Nordic EDC!
- 6 pockets including four vertical front pocket and two hidden pockets.
- Premium leather wallet handmade in Sweden.
- TÜV Rheinland and Organic Control Standard (OCS) certified leather from Tärnsjö Garveri.
- Aniline dyed using soluble dyes without covering the top with insoluble pigment or topcoat paint.
- 3 oz. full grain vegetable-tanned leather; the best quality leather available.
- 0.6mm Ritza 25 Tiger braided polyester thread.
- Traditional saddle stitching by hand.
- Burnished edges and lightly waxed by hand.
- Dimensions closed: 85mm (W) x 110mm (H) x 12mm (T).
- Dimensions open: 170mm (W) x 110mm (H) x 6mm (T).
- Stamped with our signature makers mark.